Don’t throw it out! Upcycle it. Upcycling is a process of repurposing everyday items that you would normally throw out. All you have to do is use your imagination to come up with some of the coolest ideas to reinvent your product. The process of upcycling is literally only limited by your own imagination. Let’s take a look at some ideas of things that you can use to repurpose in your own home. Yes! Let’s extend the life of some of those old things in your home. It’s not always easy to throw away some things that you love. The best way to hold on to those items is repurposing and upcycling. Start looking at old or broken items not as trash but as an array of creative potential. Remember it is possible to reuse nearly anything if you have enough creativity and willpower.
- How about Coke bottles into candle holders
- What about an old wine bottle as a rolling pin
- Store ornaments in egg cartons
- Make plant markers from ice cream sticks
- Reuse newspaper as a firestarter.
- Did you know mason jars can be drinking cups
- What about plastic bottles to create planters for your houseplants
- Reuse your plastic vegetable bags as storage and for organization
- Use toilet paper rolls to decorate and create fancy napkin rings.
Aren't these cool ideas? These are just a few of the infinite ways that household items can be repurposed. When you look at the list you can see these are everyday items that people hardly give a second thought. They simply just throw them in the trash without batting an eye. It is almost impossible for most people to reuse everything that they are planning on throwing away but if you reuse a small percentage of trash, it would be a win for the environment. This is all for the greater good and it is also a very fun activity. Upcycling can be a creative outlet. There is no wrongs or rights. It is just you using your imagination to create simple projects that are useful and productive. Hey! Let's get started. What are you waiting for?